Insurance - All American participants are insured under AXA Assistance. Mandatory insurance coverage includes comprehensive international healthcare and emergency evacuation. The cost of insurance is included in the Program Fee.
- Krakow Life: Krakow Life brings you a general guide section of information, the latest news, as well as tips, suggestions about travel and money, a city centre map, a guide and introduction to culture to get you started, as well as a comprehensive review of the very best restaurants, hotels apartments and hostels, pubs, nightclubs and cafes, shops and places to have fun in the city.
- Poland's historic, captivating Krakow: An article by Rick Steves, Boomer Digital magazines, highlighting many aspects of this up-and-coming city.
- Krakow Info: The top attraction and the premier tourist destination in Poland is today's Krakow, a vibrant city of a million, proud of its long and glorious history, rich heritage, and architectural beauties. For centuries the capital of the Polish kingdom, nowadays it remains the southern Poland's metropolis and the seat of the Malopolska provincial government. Important as a crucial center of business, culture, and education, Krakow is also famous for its myriad restaurants and clubs.
- Map of Old Town Krakow
- Municipality Of Krakow
- Polish Tourism Organisation (POT)
- Rick Steve's Travel Tips: For 30 years Rick Steves has taught smart European travel. This website — like his guidebooks, TV series, and radio program — is dedicated to exactly that. We hope the information here helps turn your travel dreams into a smooth, affordable reality.
- Wieliczka Salt Mines
Polish Global Village - start immersing yourself in Polish culture while still in D.C. Links from Polish Global Village:
Information on traveling abroad (U.S. Department of State Guidelines)
Students are responsible for their own travel arrangements between the United States and Krakow, Poland. There are regular flights to Warsaw from the U.S. and ground transportation from Warsaw to Krakow is convenient and inexpensive. Krakow's Balice International airport offers regular flights between selected U.S. and European cities. Ground transportation from other European cities to Krakow is also available at a reasonable price. American passport holders do not need visas to enter Poland.
Kayak - check many sites at once
Lot (Polish airlines)
International Student Identity Card
The International Student Identity Card (ISIC) is a globally recognized program that offers a wide variety of discounts and opportunities unlike any other. Some of the benefits of the card range from price reductions from tech giants such as Microsoft and Logitech to discounts on flights and ferries as well as at museums, bookshops, and restaurants. The ISIC is essential for any student traveling abroad looking to save money and is highly recommended for use on this European excursion.