Outlined below are important dates and times for commencement and commencement-related events. We encourage you to share these dates with your family/friends over the holidays so they may begin exploring travel plans. More information will follow early next semester.
- March 4 and 5 - CUA 2020 Graduation Fair! Great Room, Pryzbyla Center Details will be announced in January regarding the Fair and how to order caps and gowns in person or online. All graduates are required, according to University policy, to attend the ceremony and wear academic regalia. Graduating students who are members of the United States Armed Services are allowed to wear dress uniform in lieu of academic apparel.
- Late April 2020 Champagne Toast to the Class of 2020 Our annual toast honoring the Class of 2020 will take place at 5:30 p.m. in the Keelty Atrium during the last two weeks of April. Date TBA.
- Week of May 18 – May 22 - The Class of 2020 Graduation Committee is planning events prior to Commencement. More information to follow.
- May 21 - Institutes and Special Programs Certificate Ceremony — 2 p.m. Byron Auditorium, Law School, Reception to follow A certificate presentation ceremony for students in the Comparative and International Law Institute, the Compliance, Investigations and Corporate Responsibility Program, the Law and Public Policy Program, the Law and Technology Institute, and the Securities Law Program will take place at 2 p.m., with a reception to follow.
- May 21 - Mass — 4:30 p.m., St. Vincent’s Chapel, John McCormack Road A Mass of Thanksgiving will be celebrated for the graduates at 4:30 p.m. at St. Vincent’s Chapel. All graduates are invited to attend with family and friends.
- May 21 - Graduation Committee Family & Friends Dinner following Mass CUA Campus. Ticket price TBD.
- May 22 - Law School Commencement Graduates to report to the Byron Auditorium at 9:30 a.m. Commencement Ceremony, 11 a.m., Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception NO tickets are required to attend the Commencement Ceremony. Reception following the ceremony, University Lawn