- All documents must be submitted in English.
- All applications must be submitted in electronic form. Please use reasonable compression, formats and properties of files when sending scanned documents and other images. Also please attach all enclosures to one message rather than sending a number of separate message.
- In order to start the Program with the first component (IBTSLP), electronic applications must be
received by April 11, 2022. Students who miss this deadline should contact the LL.M. Coordinators.
Students also have the option to apply at another point during the calendar year and commence with
one of the other components of the program. For more information contact the LL.M. Program
Coordinators at: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applicants must complete the Cover Page as part of the application.
- Only typed or printed material will be reviewed.
- The diploma and the transcript of the academic record must be official copies prepared by the university. If the document is not in English, a certified translation is required. The Applicant must sign the paper version of each Essay and the CV.
- Cover Page (download from here)
- Essay One (see topic below)
- Essay Two (see topic below)
- Transcript of the academic record (grades)
- Diploma (if already received)
- Proof of language proficiency (TOEFL, Cambridge or other forms of certification agreed with program administrators)
Graduates of the CUA-JU Programs (ALP and IBTSLP) do not need to submit the essays and the proof of language proficiency.
Letters of recommendation
ESSAY ONE: Why do you want to take part in this program? (400-600 words)
ESSAY TWO: Discuss briefly a significant legal problem that you believe will benefit from a comparative analysis between American law and that of another country or legal system. (1000-1500 words)
The CV should provide information regarding:
- Legal education
- Professional experience
- Additional work history
- Honors, awards, and fellowships
- Admission to a legal profession (Please specify the profession.)
- Career plans