WASHINGTON, D.C., MARCH 20-21, 2020
The First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution — the cornerstone of American democracy — is the focus of the Seigenthaler-Sutherland Cup National First Amendment Moot Court Competition. The Seigenthaler-Sutherland Cup National First Amendment Moot Court Competition will be conducted March 20-21, 2020, at The Catholic University of America Columbus School of Law in Washington, D.C. The competition attracts teams from leading law schools nationwide.
During the two-day competition, teams argue hypothetical case based on a current First Amendment controversy before panels of accomplished jurists, legal scholars and attorneys.
- Sept. 16, 2019 Intent-to-compete application materials may be submitted as of 12:01 a.m. ET.
- Oct. 15, 2019 Deadline is 11:59 p.m. ET for submission of Intent-to-Compete forms, with payment. [Conditional applications do not require payment at the time of submission]
- Oct. 25, 2019 Teams are notified regarding competition status.
- Nov. 15, 2019 Distribution of Problem and Rules to all registered teams.
- Jan. 31, 2020 Briefs due: (1) PDF version of the brief must be submitted via email to email@example.com by 5:00 p.m. ET.
- Feb. 15, 2020 Competitors’ Briefs will be posted on the competition web site.
- Mar. 20-21, 2020 Seigenthaler-Sutherland Cup National First Amendment Moot Court Competition in Washington, D.C.