Albany Law School
- Debra Townsend, Clinic Enters Fourth Decade, Albany Law
School Magazine 12 (fall 2005).
Washington College of Law, American University
- Peter Jaszi, Ann Shalleck, Marlana Valdez & Susan D. Carle,
Experience as Text: The History of Externship Pedagogy at the
Washington College of Law, American University, 5 CLIN. L. REV. 403
- Christine Haight Farley, Peter Jaszi, Victoria Phillips, Joshua Sarnoff &
Ann Shalleck, Clinical Legal Education and the Public Interest in Intellectual
Property Law, 52 St. Louis U. L.J. 735 (2008).
University of California at Davis, School of Law
- Kevin R. Johnson and Amagda Pérez, Clinical Legal Education
and the U.C. Davis Immigration Law Clinic: Putting Theory Into
Practice and Practice Into Theory, 51 SMU L. REV.1423 (1998).
University of California at Los Angeles
- 30 Years of Clinical Legal Education, UCLA Law Magazine
Case Western Reserve University School of Law
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law, in brief Law
Alumni News Bulletin (May 1989—"The Law School Clinic—A
Chronology"; May 1993—"Great News from the Clinc";
January 1996—"Report of the Clinic Advisory Committee";
September 1996—"A Look at the Law Clinic."
University of Colorado at Boulder School of Law
- Robert J. Dieter, Legal Aid Clinic Marks 40th Anniversary, Amicus magazine 57 (1988).
Columbia University School of Law
- Michael Meltsner & Philip G. Schrag, Report from a CLEPR Colony,
76 COLUM. L. REV. 581 (1976). Michael Meltsner & Philip G. Schrag,
Scenes from a Clinic, 127 U. PA. L. REV. 1 (1978)
University of Denver, College of Law
- John M, Lindsey, The Law Student in the Legal Aid Program, 3 The Student
Lawyer 20 (Oct. 1957).
Dickinson School of Law of the Pennsylvania State University
- Robert E. Raines & Thomas M. Place,In-House Clinics at the Dickinson School of
law of The Pennsylvania State University, Pennsylvania Bar Association, 2 Pro Bono
News 'n Notes 1 (spring 1999).
Drake University School of Law
- Robert R. Rigg, Teaching Gideon-The development and Challenges of a Criminal
Defense Program, 7 T.M. COOLEY J. PRAC.& CLINICAL LAW 111(2004).
Duke University School of Law
- John S. Bradway, Legal Aid Clinics in Less Thickly Populated Communities,
30 MICH. L. REV. 905 (1932). John S. Bradway, The Role of the Duke Legal
Aid Clinic, 9 J. LEGAL EDUC. 104 (1956).
Georgia State University College of Law
- Lisa Bliss, Sylvia Caley & Robert Pettignano, A Model for Interdisciplinary
Clinical Education:Medical and Legal Professionals Learning and Working
Together to Promote Public Health, 18 International J. Clin. Leg. Ed. 149
- Robert Pettigano, LIsa Bliss & Sylvia Caley, The Health Law Partnership:
A Medical-Legal Partnership Strategically Designed to Provide a Coordinated
Approach to Public Health Legal Services, Education, Advocacy, Evaluation,
Research, and Scholarship, 34 J. Leg. Med. 57(2014).
- Lisa Bliss, Sylvia Caley & Robert Pettignano, An Interdisciplinary
Collaborative Approach to Wellness: Adding Lawyers to the Healthcare
Team to Provide Integrated Care for Patients, 1 INT’L J. HEALTH,
WELLNESS & SOC’Y 129 (2011).
Georgetown University Law Center
- Wallace Mylniec, The Intersection of Three Visions: Ken Pye, Bill Pincus,
Bill Greenhalgh and the Development of Clinical Education Teaching
Fellowships, 64 TENN. L. REV. 963 (1997).
- Kamina A. Pinder, Street Law: Twenty-Five Years and Counting, 27 J.L. &
EDUC. 211 (1998).
- Wallace J. Mlyniec and Meghan Strong, The Role Of Law School Clinics In
Implementing The Gault Decision, in The Right To Remain Children: Race
And Juvenile Justice 50 Years After Gault. (Kristin Henning, et. al, eds.
Carolina Press. Forthcoming 2018).
Hamline University School of Law
- Angela McCaffrey,Hamline University School of Law Clinics: Teaching
Students to Become Ethical and Competent Lawyers for 25 Years, 24
Hamline J. PUB. L. & POL’Y 1 (2002).
Harvard Law School
- Tilford E. Dudley, The Harvard Legal Aid Bureau, 17 A.B.A. J. 692 (1931).
- TILFORD E. DUDLEY, THE HARVARD LEGAL AID BUREAU: A BRIEF
HISTORY APRIL, 1913 – NOVEMBER, 1930 (Cambridge, MA: Gannett
- The Harvard Legal Aid Bureau Annual Report, 1928-1929 (Cambridge, MA:
Gannett House 1929).
- HARRY SANDICK & JOHN A. FREEDMAN, A HISTORY OF THE HARVARD
LEGAL AID BUREAU (1996).
- Jeanne Charn, Service and Learning: Reflections on Thirty Years of the
“Lawyering Process at Harvard Law School,” 10 CLIN. L. REV. 75 (2003).
- SHIRA SHAIMAN, THE HALE AND DORR LEGAL SERVICES CENTER OF
HARVARD LAW SCHOOL - 1993 - 2003.
- Hofstra Law School David K. Kadane, The Story of Hofstra Law School’s
In-House Clinic, 4 Council on Legal Education for Professional Responsibility,
Inc. Newsletter 1 (February 1972).
University of Maryland
- Barbara Bezdek, “Legal Theory and Practice” Development at the
University of Maryland: One Teacher’s Experience in Programmatic
Context, 42 Wash. U. J. Urb & Contemp. L. 127 (1992).
- Barbara Bezdek, Reconstructing a Pedagogy of Responsibility, 43
Hastings, L.J. 1159 (1992).
- Richard Boldt & Marc Feldman, IThe Faces of Law in Theory and
Practice: Doctrine, Rhetoric, and Social Context, 43 Hastings L.J. 111
- Teresa Glennon, Lawyers and Caring: Building an Ethic of Care into
Professional Responsibility, 43 Hastings L.J. 1175 (1992).
- Homer C. La Rue, Developing and Identity of Responsible Lawyering
Through Experiential Learning, 43 Hastings L.J. 1175 (1992).
- Joan L. O'Sullivan, et al., Ethical Decisionmaking and Ethics Instruction
in Clinical Law Practice, 3 Clin. L. Rev. 109 (1996).
- David Luban & Michael Millemann, IGood Judgment: Ethics Teaching in
Dark Times, 9 Georgetown J. Leg. Ethics 31 (1995).
- Michael Millemann, Nathalie Gilfrich & Richard Granat, Limited-Service
Representation and Access to Justice: An Experiment, 11 Am. J. Fam.
Law 1 (1997).
- Michael Millemann, Nathalie Gilfrich & Richard Granat, Rethinking the Full-Service
Legal Representation Model: A Maryland Experiment, 30 Clearinghouse Rev. J. of
Poverty L. 1178 (April 1997).
- Michael A. Millemann & Steven D. Schwinn, Teaching Legal Research and Writing with
Actual Legal Work: Extending Clinical Education into the First Year, 12 Clin. L. Rev. 441
- Douglas L. Cobert, The Maryland Access to Justice Story: Indigent Defendants' Right
to Counsel at First AppearanceI, 15 U. Md. L.J. Race, Relig., Gender & Class 1 (2015).
- Jane Wilson, A Pioneer in Requiring Experiential Learning: Reflecting on the 30-year
History and Impact of the Cardin Requirement, Maryland Carey Law Magazine
University of Miami
- Anthony V. Alfieri, Clinical Genesis in Miami: Introduction, 75 U.M.K.C.L. REV. 1137
- University of Minnesota E.M. Morgan, The Legal Clinic, 4 AM. L. SCH. REV. 255 (1916).
University of New Mexico School of Law
- Christine Zuni Cruz, Four Questions on Critical Race Praxis: Lessons from
Two Young Lives in Indian Country, 73 FORDHAM L. REV. 2133 (2005) (analyzing
the connection between critical race theory and her work in the UNM clinical program,
Southwest Indian Law Clinic)
- Christine Zuni Cruz, [On the] Road Back in: Community Lawyering in Indigenous
Communities, 24 AM. INDIAN L. REV. 229 (2000) (analyzing culture and community
issues raised in working with Native American communities)
- J. Michael Norwood & Alan Paterson, Problem-Solving in a Multidisciplinary
Environment? Must Ethics Get in the Way of Holistic Services?, 9 CLIN. L.
REV. 337 (2002) (analyzing multidisciplinary practice in the UNM Child Advocacy
- Michael Norwood, Scenes from the Continuum: Sustaining the Maccrate Report's
Vision of Law School Education into the Twenty-First Century, 30 WAKE FOREST
L. REV. 293 (1995) (analyzing the impact of clinical education during law school)
- Michael Norwood, Requiring a Live Client, In-House Clinical Course: A Report on
the University of New Mexico Law School Experience, 19 N.M. L. REV. 265 (1989)
(analyzing the structure and history of the UNM clinical program)
- Antoinette Sedillo Lopez, Teaching a Professional Responsibility Course: Lessons
Learned from the Clinic, 26 J. LEGAL PROF. 149 (2002) (describing UNM clinical
experiences and the crossover with professional responsibility)
- Antoinette Sedillo Lopez, Learning Through Service in a Clinical Setting: The Effect
of Specialization on Social Justice and Skills Training, 7 CLIN. L. REV. 307 (2001)
(describing the impact of specialization on skills training and social justice)
- Lee E. Teitelbaum, Antoinette Sedillo Lopez & Jeffrey Jenkins, Gender, Legal Education, and Legal Careers, 41 J. LEG. EDUC. 443 (1991) (analyzing the impact of the UNM clinical programs in gender, legal education and careers)
- Alfred Dennis Mathewson, Commercial and Corporate Lawyers 'n the Hood, 21 U. ARK.
LITTLE ROCK L. REV. 769 (1999) (describing the impact of the UNM clinical program on
small businesses especially on training minority lawyers)
- Margaret E. Montoya, Comment: Voicing Differences, 4 CLIN. L. REV. 147 (1997)
(describing the impact of clinical training in pedagogy)
- Amicus Briefs in Grutter v. Bollinger and Gratz v. Bollinger, in Support of The University
of Michigan: Brief of Amici Curiae, The New Mexico Hispanic Bar Association, The New
Mexico Black Lawyers Association, and The New Mexico Indian Bar Association, 14 LA
RAZA L.J. 51 (2003) describing the impact of the UNM clinical program on low-income
- Andrea M. Seielstad, Unwritten Laws and Customs, Local Legal Cultures, and Clinical
Legal Education, 6 CLIN. L. REV. 127 (1999) (describing some of the “legal culture”issues
students must address in the clinic.)
- Renee Taylor, All my Relationships, 26 N.M. L. REV. 191 (1996) (comparing the UNM
clinical program with the clinical program at the Vancouver Aboriginal Justice Centre).
University of North Carolina
- Richard A. Rosen, Essay:The University
of North Carolina School of Law: A Sesquicentennial History III. the
Evolution of The Modern Law School: Crucial Trends that Bridge Past
and Future: Clinical Legal Education, 73 N.C. L. REV. 749 (1995).
Northwestern University School of Law
- Thomas F. Geraghty, Legal Clinics and the Better Trained Lawyer (Redux):
A History of Clinical Education at Northwestern, 100 Nw U. L. Rev. 231
- ESTHER LUCILE BROWN, LAWYERS AND THE PROMOTION OF JUSTICE
101-103 (NY: Russell Sage Foundation 1938)
Notre Dame University Law School
- Cathy Pieronek, A Host of Heros: A Story of the Notre Dame Legal Aid
Clinic, L. SCH. FOCUS 4 (Fall/Winter 1997).
The Ohio State University, Moritz College of Law
- A Short History of the Clinical Program at the Moritz College of Law
Part I: 1935-1979, http://moritzlaw.osu.edu/clinic/history.php
Osgoode Hall Law School
- S. Ronald Ellis, The Ellis Archives – 1972 to 1981: An Early View from the
Parkdale Trenches, 35 OSGOODE HALL L. J. 535 (1997).
Pace University School of Law
- Barbara Black, Establishing A Securities Arbitration Clinic: The Experience at
Pace, 50 J. Legal Educ. 35 (2000).
- Jill Gross, The Improbable Birth and Conceivable Death of the Securities Arbitration
Clinic, 15 Cardozo J. Conflict Resol. 597 (2014).
St. Mary's University School of Law
- Sue Bentch, A History of the Law Clinics at St. Mary's University School
of Law, 46 St. Mary's L.J. 285 (2015).
University of St. Thomas School of Law
- Jennifer L. Wright, Therapeutic Jurisprudence in an Interprofessional
Practice at the University of St. Thomas Interprofessional Center for
Counseling and Legal Services, 17 ST. THOMAS L. REV. 501 (2005).
Seattle University School of Law
- Ronald A. Peterson Law Clinic Celebrates 25 Outstanding Years,
SEATTLE U. LAW. (fall 2004).
University of Southern California, Gould School of Law
- Melinda Myers Vaughn & Rizza Barnes, 75 Years of Clinical Legal Ed
at USC, USC Law 15 (spring 2005).
- Gary Bellow & Earl Johnson, Reflections on theUniversity of Southern
California Clinical Semester, 44 S. CAL. L. REV. 664 (1971).
- John S. Bradway, The Beginning of the Legal Clinic of the University of
Southern California, 28 S. CAL. L. REV. 252 (1929).
University of Tennessee
- Douglas A. Blaze, Deja Vu All Over Again: Reflections on Fifty Years of Clinical
Education, 64 TENN. L. REV. 939 (1997).
Vermont Law School
- Leslie Staudinger, South Royalton Legal Clinic Celebrates 20th Anniversary,
Loquitur 10 (Summer 1999).
- Vermont Law School’s South Royalton Legal Clinic: Celebrating 25 Years
Western Michigan University Cooley Law School
- Kimberly E. O'Leary, Fred Baker's Vision, 7 T.M. Cooley J. Prac. & Clinical L. 81
- Frederick Baker, Jr., Reflections on the Twenty-Fifth Anniversary of the Sixty Plus
Elderlaw Clinic, 7 T.M. Cooley J. Prac. & Clinical L. 83 (2004).
Willamette University College of Law
- Warren Binford, Reconstructing a Clinic (October 21, 2008). 15 Clinical Law Review
283 (Spring 2009). Available at SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=1287805
William Mitchell College of Law
- Roger Haydock, Clinical Legal Education: The History and Development of a
Law Clinic, 9 WM. MITCHELL L. REV. 101 (1983). Rosalie Wahl, Lest We Forget:
Thirty Years of Clinical Legal Education at William Mitchell College of Law,
30 WM. MITCHELL L. REV. 5 (2003).
- Ann Juergens, Rosalie Wahl's Vision for Legal Education: Clinics at the Heart,
30 WM. MITCHELL L. REV. 9 (2003).
- Eric S. Janus, Clinical Teaching at William Mitchell College of Law: Values,
Pedagogy, and Perspectives, 30 WM. MITCHELL L. REV. 73 (2003).
University of Wisconsin Law School
- Allen Redlich, Perceptions of a Clinical Program, 44 S. CAL. L. REV 574 (1971).
- The Frank J. Remington Center: Education, Research, and Service in Criminal
Justice (University of Wisconsin Law School ca. 2001).
- Louise G. Trubek. Social justice advocacy and innovation: the Wisconsin Center
for Public Representation 1974--present. 25 Geo. J. on Poverty L. & Pol'y 221-255
Yale Law School
- Laura G. Holland, Invading the Ivory Tower: The History of Clinical Education at Yale Law School, 49 J. L. EDUC. 504 (1999). Kathryn J. DuFour Law Library The Catholic University of America Columbus School of Law 3600 John McCormack Road, NE, Washington, DC 20064 (202) 319-5156