Purpose of the Advisory Council
The Columbus School of Law has long recognized the importance of attracting, maintaining, and supporting a diverse and inclusive community in order to advance its mission and educational objectives. To assist in achieving these goals, the Dean of the Law School has established a Diversity and Inclusion Advisory Council composed of staff, faculty, alumni, and students.
Function and Goals of the Advisory Council
The Diversity and Inclusion Advisory Council shall serve in an advisory capacity to the Dean of the Law School. The function of the Advisory Council shall be to assist the CUA Law community in achieving the following goals:
- to celebrate, promote, and incorporate the rich diversity of society;
- to create and maintain an environment that respects and values the contributions of all of its members;
- to heighten cultural sensitivity and diversity awareness;
- to graduate students with the cultural competency and skills in civil discourse required of lawyers in the modern legal market;
- to provide academic support, advising, mentoring, curriculum and professional development programs, particularly for students who historically have been under represented in the legal profession; and
- to increase opportunities to explore the intersection of social justice and diversity.
Members of the Council may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2020-21 Council Membership
Lauren Sormani 3D
Erica Hornbuckle 3D
Professor Stacy Brustin
Stella Lee Ghattas '12
Legal Counsel for Children's National Health System
D. Michael Lyles '94
City Attorney, Annapolis, Maryland
Arthur Osueke '17
Attorney, Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation
Assistant Dean Shani Butts (Chair)
Assistant Dean Katie Crowley
Assistant Dean Tonya Gaskins