The Academic Excellence Program’s mission is to maximize the potential and academic success of every student. As part of the Catholic Law Advantage, Catholic Law is dedicated to providing every student with a first-rate legal education that includes specific programs and resources to support student progress. Working hand-in-hand with Catholic Law’s outstanding faculty and law library, the Academic Excellence Program provides:
- In-house resources to develop study skills and legal analysis;
- A data bank of prior exams dating back to 1990;
- Innovative teaching methods that incorporate simulation, practical application, practice problems, multiple choice questions, and practice exams into first-year and other doctrinal courses;
- A free subscription to the database of The Center for Computer Assisted Legal Instruction (CALI), which has almost 1,000 interactive lessons and tutorials on over 30 law school subjects;
- Study skills presentations offered throughout the semester to all law students addressing topics such as case briefing, IRAC, outlining, time management, and exam preparation;
- Open study skill sessions with the Dean’s Academic Fellows, experienced upperclassmen who provide useful tips and strategies on studying smarter, and;
- One-on-one counseling and support with Dean McDermott or the Dean’s Academic Fellows by appointment.