Cashboxes are available in the Student Life and Special Events office for use during fundraising activities. Please be sure to keep a cash log to record incoming cash. Make sure to have change for each activity. Set prices that will enable you to give out change easily. The cashbox should be checked in and out of SLSE on a daily basis. If you need us to give you an advance “bank” of small bills or change, please let us know in advance.

Co-Sponsoring an Event

Student organizations are encouraged to find co-sponsors for an event which increases visibility, attendance and reduces costs. Please feel free to discuss this option with the SLSE staff.

Food Orders

A copy of the invoice will be given to your student organization president and treasurer once the payment is processed. If costs are being shared by additional organizations please notify us in advance and we will give both organizations a copy of the invoice.


Fundraising is encouraged and can be an excellent method of managing unforeseen expenses.

Student groups that seek to raise money must be consistent with the University’s mission and are subject to approval by SLSE. We are not allowed to conduct raffles or seek sponsorship from bars or organizations that do not support the mission of the University. To have your fundraiser approved, your organization must set up a meeting with Heather Doerr to discuss fundraising efforts. In most cases in which goods are sold for fundraising purposes, the student organization is required to collect sales tax. Please check with our office to determine the appropriate amount of tax to collect.

Gifts for Speakers

If you plan to give a gift to your guest speaker(s) as an acknowledgment for their contribution to your event/program, the gift must be branded with the Catholic University or Catholic Law name/logos. Contact SLSE for more information.


If you plan to order supplies for your student organization, please contact
  • Gift Cards: The University will not reimburse funds used to purchase gift cards.
  • Payments made with a personal check: A copy of both sides of the canceled check or the original canceled check is required for reimbursement.
  • Charges for alcohol will not be reimbursed.
  • Email Student Life at law-slse@cua.eduif you have any questions regarding reimbursements.