Applicants must have earned an undergraduate degree from an accredited four-year college or university in the United States, or its equivalent from a foreign institution. The Catholic University of America is seeking candidates who hold a Bachelor's degree and have a demonstrated, successful career (minimum three to five years professional experience), or have a graduate degree in another discipline.
Resumes and personal statements will be carefully considered by the Admissions Committee.
The regular deadline to apply is June 15, with priority given to applications received by May 1. Completed applications are reviewed on a rolling basis throughout the year, and most applicants will receive an admission decision within two weeks from the date their application becomes complete
- Official transcript(s) from all universities and colleges attended
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Personal statement
- Writing Sample
- One Letter of recommendation (no more than two)
Graduate school entrance exams are not required; however, those who have taken these exams are requested to provide their scores.
You can also use our PDF application and submit the signed application with your supporting documents by mail to:
Columbus School of Law
Office of Admissions
3600 John McCormack Rd., NE
Washington, DC 20064
Official Transcript(s) from All Undergraduate and Graduate Institutions
- U.S. applicants must submit an official transcript from each undergraduate and graduate school attended.
- Transcripts should be sent directly from the school, or may be submitted in a sealed envelope along with other application materials from the applicant.
- International applicants must submit an official English translation or certified evaluation of an official transcript from each undergraduate and graduate school attended.
- For applicants from countries in which a university will only release official transcripts to the student, the applicant may submit a photocopy if a notary or other official third party certifies that the photocopy is a true and correct copy of the original document.
Resume or Curriculum Vitae
Please submit a current resume or curriculum vitae.
Please submit a brief personal statement which addresses:
- Relevant professional experience
- Reason for application to the M.L.S. program
- Any additional significant information
Please submit a professional or academic writing sample (written solely by the applicant) that indicates the applicant's writing ability.
Letters of Recommendation
- Please submit one letter of recommendation no more than two letters will be accepted.
- Letters of recommendation should be from academic or professional sources.
- Letters may be sent directly to Graduate and International Programs by the recommender, or may be submitted in a sealed envelope along with application materials.
Additional information for international students is available here.
Notice Regarding Submission of Application
Materials Please keep a copy of all materials submitted. Once original transcripts and documents are submitted as part of an applicant's admission materials, they cannot be returned or photocopied for any reason.