Research and Writing
- Misconstruing Graham & Miller, 91 WASH U. L. REV. 785 (2014).
- Getting Real about Gideon: The Next Fifty Years of Enforcing the Right to Counsel, 70 WASH. & LEE L. REV. 1309 (2013).
- Lafler and Frye: Good News for Public Defense Litigation, 25 FED. SENTENCING REP. 138 (2012).
- Clemency in a Time of Crisis, 28 Ga. St. Univ. L. Rev. 1123 (2012).
- Graham on the Ground, 87 Wash. L. Rev.51 (2012).
- The National Right to Counsel Act: A Congressional Solution to the Nation’s Indigent Defense Crisis, 47 Harv. J. on Legis. 487 (2010).
- The Third Generation of Indigent Defense Litigation, 33 N.Y.U. Rev. L. & Soc. Change 427 (2009).
- The Revitalization of Ake: A Capital Defendant’s Right to Expert Assistance, 60 Okla. L. Rev. 283 (2007).
Select Academic & Professional Presentations
- Invited Symposium Participant, Washington & Lee University School of Law (November 2012)(Gideon at Fifty)
- Invited Symposium Participant, Georgia State University College of Law (January 2012)(Clemency in a Time of Crisis)
- Roundtable Participant, AALS/ABA Criminal Justice Legal Educators Colloquium (October 2011)(Clemency in a Time of Crisis)
- Panelist, Law & Society Conference (June 2011) Graham on the Ground
- Invited Speaker, William & Mary Law School (March 2011)(The Indigent Defense Crisis: Reform at the Macro and Micro Level)
- Invited Speaker, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (March 2011)(Why Lawyers Matter: Pursuing National Indigent Defense Reform)
- Invited Speaker, American University, Washington College of Law (September 2010)(Paths to Indigent Defense Reform)
- Invited Symposium Speaker, University of Tennessee College of Law (May 2010)(Systemic Litigation as a Solution for Excessive Workloads)
- Invited Colloquium Speaker, University of Georgia Law School (October 2009)(The National Right to Counsel Act: A Legislative Solution to the Nation’s Indigent Defense Crisis)
- Invited Speaker, AALS New Law Teachers Conference (June 2008-June 2011)(speaking on variety of teaching issues)