The Catholic University of America

  Office of Administration and Finance

General InformationStaff Office Function

General Information

451 CSL
The Catholic University of America
Washington, DC 20064
Tel:  202-319-6196
FAX: 202-319-4003

Hours of Operation
Mon. – Fri., 9:00 am – 5:00 pm


Associate Dean of Administration & Finance

  • Policy and oversight issues pertaining to:  financial management, faculty management, clerical/logistical support to faculty and computer/telephone services within the law school.

Rita S. Kovach    202-319-6300   

Director, Budget Administration

  • Oversees functions of the budget department:  purchasing requests, reimbursements, deposits, travel and budget reconciliations.

Gayle Campbell    202-319-5141   

Assistant Director, Budget Administration

  • Assists with the functions of the budget department:  purchasing requests, reimbursements, deposits, travel and budget reconciliations.

Paula Blackwell    202-319-6283   

Administrative Assistant

  • Prepare and process documents associated with the hiring of non-exempt regular employees and student/non-student temporary employees.  Processes timesheets and verification of employment.

Sylvia Watson        202-319-6196   

Office Function
The primary function of this office is to process all requests for procurements, reimbursements, travel, employment and payroll administration.  We provide service to our faculty, staff, students and vendors.  We process vendor payments, employee and student reimbursements for the law school.  The types of payments processed include:

  • Payment for invoices related to a Purchase Order; Original invoices should be submitted to this office and are not paid until our office enters in Cardinal Financials that the goods/services are received. See Procurement Services website for receiving the purchase order:
  • Payments requested on Direct Payment Forms; this form can only be used of non-travel reimbursements, memberships, and registration, donations, subscriptions, honoraria, and miscellaneous reimbursements.   This form is available via the University Vice President for Finance and Treasurer website at
  • Travel must be approved by the department supervisor.  Upon completing travel, the Travel Expense Report, available at the Accounts Payable website under the University Vice President for Finance and Treasurer at, should be filled.  This report can only be used for travel reimbursements.  Original receipts are required for all claimed reimbursements and procedures for completing the Travel Expense Report Form are also available on the Accounts Payable website.

  • Students who are hired as research assistants, teaching assistants, or as student assistants must come through this office to fill out paperwork to be placed on payroll.  No student may begin working until all paperwork has been filled out which includes an I-9.  I-9’s must be filled out in the presence of one of our staff and students must provide identification documentation, i.e., passport or a driver’s license along with a social security card.  We have a list of documentation that is required to be included with the I-9.

  • All employees (faculty, staff, and students) are required to complete training in two important areas:  FERPA – protecting student academic privacy and Harassment Prevention – fostering an environment of respect and fairness.  To take the training visit  Each training is available online 24 hours a day and can be accessed from any computer with an internet connection.  CUA employees must repeat each training program every two years.

  • All original time sheets should come to this office (biweekly timesheets on the 14th and 29th of the month) and monthly leave reports by the last day of the month.  This office will submit all time sheets to the University Payroll Office after review.

 Students may either send their timesheet to us via email ( or sign in the book at the reception desk on the 4th floor.  If you choose to use email, you must forward a copy of your timesheet to your supervisor.  If you choose to leave your timesheet at the reception desk, you must have your supervisor sign it before you turn it in.