Juris Doctor (J.D) degree:
- Earn at least 84 credits.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.15 and a semester GPA of 1.82 (students admitted prior to Fall 2011)
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.25 and a semester GPA of 1.82 (students admitted Fall 2011 and subsequently)
- Successfully complete the following first and second year courses:
- Civil Procedure
- Constitutional Law I*
- Constitutional Law II*
- Criminal Law
- Lawyering Skills I
- Lawyering Skills II
*Students who began the program prior to the Fall 2013 semester completed the Constitutional Law requirement through one 5 credit Constitutional Law course.
- Satisfactorily complete the upper-division writing requirement:
- One "Practice-Oriented" writing course and One "Academic/Scholarly" writing course, or two "Practice-Oriented writing courses.
- Practice-Oriented writing courses include:
- Appellate Advocacy
- Legal Drafting
- Applied Portfolio course
- Vis International Arbitration competition
- Academic/Scholarly writing courses include:
- Law Journal Writing
- Directed Research (with Academic Legal Writing seminar)
- Qualifying Course Paper (with Academic Legal Writing seminar)
- Advanced Legal Research & Writing
- Satisfactorily complete a Professional Skills course.
- Satisfactorily complete the Professional Responsibility course.
- Satisfactorily complete the "Transition to Practice" requirement (for students admitted Fall 2013 and subsequently)
- Meet the minimum residency requirement.
- Equivalent of 6 full-time semesters for full-time (day) students.
- Equivalent of 8 part-time semesters for part-time (evening) students.
- View 6 honor/ethics lectures.
LL.M (Domestic Program) degree:
- Earn at least 24 credits hours while maintaining a cumulative GPA of 2.15.
- Complete at least 16 credits hours in courses directly related to the concentration area.
- Satisfactorily complete one course with a writing component as part of its coursework.
- Prior to commencing study, complete a written academic plan under the supervision of the faculty adviser.
LL.M (International Program with Jagiellonian University) degree:
- Earn at least 22 credit hours.
- Complete at least 6 credits in three courses taken within the Interational Business and Trade Law Program offered by CUA in Cracow.
- Complete at least 9 credits in the American Law Program at Jagiellonian University in Cracow.
- Complete 6 or 7 credits during a two-month stay in Washington, D.C.
- Earn at least 26 credit hours.
- Satisfactorily complete Introduction to American Law and Legal Methods.
- Satisfactorily complete a final project.