2013 graduates of the Institute for Communications Law Studies
- A Tradition of Success: One of the first programs of its kind in the nation, the Institute for Communications Law Studies has prepared select law students for successful legal careers in the highly dynamic and important field of communications for nearly three decades.
- Newly Expanded Curriculum: The recent enhancement of the Institute’s certificate program curriculum both equips students with a well-rounded communications law foundation and enables them to pursue particular areas of interest or career pathways by choosing from a variety of advanced specialized courses in telecommunications, information, and media law as well as related coursework in intellectual property, economic regulation, and business law.
- Practical Experience Through Externships: Students gain valuable practical experience and build strong resumes through a series of externships in government, industry, public interest organizations, and communications law firms.
- Instruction and Mentoring: In addition to experts on the law school’s full-time faculty, the Institute faculty includes prominent government and private sector attorneys whose practices focus on cutting edge communications issues. Faculty members and alumni mentors also serve as a resource in students’ academic and career planning.
- Co-Curricular Activities: Students can hone their research, writing, advocacy, and leadership skills and through participation on the CommLaw Conspectus Journal of Communications Law and Policy, in the National Communications Moot Court Competition, and in the Communications Law Students Association and the Federal Communications Bar Association’s Law Student Division.
- Networking Opportunities: When they graduate, CLI students join the Institute’s over 300 graduates in an accomplished and active alumni network. Many CLI alumni hold high-level positions in government and industry as well as partnership in highly regarded communications law firms. Recent graduates are following in their footsteps.